World • 28 January, 2020

Japan sees 1st coronavirus case not linked to travel to China

2 time viewed

The government on Tuesday confirmed two more cases in Japan of the new coronavirus, including a tour bus driver who has never been to the central Chinese city of Wuhan, where the outbreak of the deadly virus began in a seafood and poultry market, Kyodo reports.

Photo: Kyodo news agency

The findings bring the total number of confirmed infections in Japan to six.

The bus driver in his 60s drove two groups of Chinese tourists from Wuhan earlier this month, Japanese health minister Katsunobu Kato said.

The driver from Nara Prefecture, western Japan, was diagnosed with pneumonia on Saturday and has been hospitalized in the prefecture.

The other case newly confirmed is of a man in his 40s from Wuhan who has been in Japan since Jan. 20. He too has developed pneumonia.

The ministry said it is checking the health condition of people who had contact with the two new patients.

Last news

2.6 million students to study in distance

Education • 06 August, 2020

375 people died from coronavirus infection

Coronavirus • 13 July, 2020

Turkey sends humanitarian aid to Kazakhstan

Coronavirus • 13 July, 2020

Kazakhstan mourns Covid-19 victims today

Kazakhstan • 13 July, 2020

How the main city of Kazakhstan developed

Kazakhstan • 08 July, 2020

Russian doctors arrive in Kazakhstan

Coronavirus • 07 July, 2020

Nursultan Nazarbayev marks his 80th birthday

Елбасы • 07 July, 2020

Similar news