- As a result of the third session, the Parliament adopted 87 laws, including the necessary regulatory legal basis for Five Social Initiatives announced by me. This will improve the living conditions of six million Kazakhstanis, strengthen the unity of our citizens, which is a key condition for the state’s prosperity, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The President of Kazakhstan separately focused on the country’s economic achievements.
- GDP growth is 4 percent, the inflation rate has dropped to 5.9 percent, the investment volume increased by 24 percent. There are conditions for effective modernization of the economy and society. Since last year, we have begun to outstrip the world average growth rates of the economy. The non-raw sectors - manufacturing, transportation and services, have become the driving force of economic growth, the Head of State said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev noted the need to continue high-quality legislative work for further sustainable socio-economic development.
- One of the important issues is to involve self-employed in the system of medical and social insurance, as well as pensions. The necessary changes are required before the end of this year. This is especially true in connection with the transition to compulsory social health insurance, the introduction of a new model of guaranteed volume of medical care, the improvement of public health and corporate governance in medical organizations, the President of Kazakhstan said.
The Head of State pointed out that, against the backdrop of the dynamic development of construction in the housing and communal services sector, there are unsolved issues that arouse discontent among citizens, and stressed the need to legislate an understandable and effective system for managing the common house economy. Such a system should be based on the principles of transparency of the relationship between servicing companies and homeowners, as well as control over the spending of funds and the responsibility of monopolists.
Noting the positive trends in developing small and medium-sized businesses, Nursultan Nazarbayev stressed that the tourism industry should give new impetus to entrepreneurship.
- The Cabinet was instructed to work out a state program for the tourism development until 2023. It should be supported by financial means, as well as the necessary legislative base, which should be discussed before the end of this year.
In addition, the Parliament has an important bill on public procurement and procurement of the quasi-public sector, which will simplify their process, increase efficiency, reduce corruption risks, free up funds for implementing priority tasks and improve the business climate, the President of Kazakhstan said.
The Head of State pointed to the need for further improvement of legislation in the agro-industrial complex, in terms of insurance, introduction of agricultural receipts, development of credit partnerships, and improvement of the control system in the field of veterinary medicine.
- One of the most important tasks of the program to improve public consciousness referred to as Ruhany Zhangyru is to ensure protection and popularization of historical and cultural heritage. Adoption of the relevant bill will contribute to the effective development, protection of historical and sacred objects in accordance with the best world practice, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
In the context of giving Shymkent the status of a city of national importance and the formation of Turkestan region, the President of Kazakhstan noted that there would be bills for consideration of the Parliament, designed to ensure the full operation of the reformed administrative-territorial units that will require rapid study and adoption.
In conclusion, the Head of State once again congratulated the deputies on the session’s opening and wished further successes in the matter of Kazakhstan’s stable and dynamic development.